Trampolines are considered the perfect gifts for kids since they provide hours or endless fun and excitement. However, trampolines are not as fun to shop for as they are for kids. Most parents have no idea what model to buy or even the prices of different models available in the market. Before buying a trampoline, there are several factors that should be taken into consideration. To most people, safety is by far the greatest concern since trampolines are used by both small kids and young adults. Small kids are insatiably curious and a bit clumsy hence the safety concerns by parents. Some of the key factors that make up the best trampolines for kids include;
- The size of the model: If a child is below three years old, you should opt for a smaller model with a jumping space of between 40 and 80 inches. A 40 inch model can be used by a single child while an 80 inch model can but used by several kids.
- Consider the location of the trampoline: When shopping for a trampoline, ask yourself whether the bouncer is intended for indoor or outdoor use. While indoor trampolines are smaller in size, the outdoors require a larger model that resonates well with the outside environment and the available space.
- Consider the safety features: There are two main safety features that should never be ignored. One of the safety features is the enclosure while the other is the protected springs. A netted enclosure ensures that your kid does not fall off the trampoline and getting injured. On the other hand, the protected springs are meant to protect the child from cutting their fingers on exposed springs or landing.
Best Kid Trampoline Reviews
After considering the key factors while shopping for a trampoline, below are some of the best trampoline models based on quality, safety and prices.
Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline
The Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline provide hours of excitement and fun for your small kids. The trampoline is designed to make it easy for small kids to have as much fun as they wish indoors. This toddler trampoline enhances the active status of kids below the age of 3 years and is a great energy burner.
- The model has a 36 inches bouncing space thus giving young kids ample space on which to bounce off safely.
- The maximum weight limit of 55lbs makes it possible for your little ones to get the best of fun from the model.
- Galvanized steel springs for enhanced bouncing.
- Comes with a handlebar for increased stability.
- Can be assembled and disassembled at will hence easy to move.
Essentially, young children have a lot of energy to burn and require a platform to channel this energy in order for them to get the rest they need. As they bounce off a trampoline, kids have an opportunity to develop fitness, enhance body balance and achieve better coordination. The Little Tikes trampoline is mainly designed for indoor use. It is easy to assemble hence can be carried along when you are travelling and need your kids to be active.
The plastic and metal construction ensures durability while the large bouncing area provides stability for the young bouncers. Since the trampoline is designed for kids below the age of 3 years, the handle bar helps the young kids who at times can be clumsy stay upright and achieve a greater height during the bounce. The trampoline is not only essential for burning excess energy but also a great way of helping young kids learn how to walk. The Little Tikes trampoline is no doubt a worthy investment for your kids.
The Skywalker Trampolines 60 In. Round Seaside Adventure Bouncer with Enclosure is designed to make bouncing even safer with the inclusion of an enclosure among its key features. In addition, the bouncer is available in a variety of colors offering you a variety to choose from.
- The Skywalker trampoline has an enclosure design meant to enhance the safety of your kid while bouncing.
- Has a padded foam enclosure that enhances balance and coordination skills particularly for small kids.
- The trampoline has no springs but rather stretch bands for an enjoyable and soft bounce. The stretch bands enhance the safety of the kids during bouncing.
- Has a weight capacity of 100 lb.
If you are the kind of person who is greatly concerned about the safety of your kids, then this is the best trampoline model for you. Most people are used to the traditional spring trampolines. However, springs often pose an unseen danger to small children.
The Skywalker trampoline uses a form of bungee cord suspension system thereby making bouncing much safer. The trampoline model also has an enclosure design that ensures that even the youngest of your kids cannot fall out and injure themselves. The model is easy to assemble and does not require any expertise during assembly. Most parents take approximately one hour to assemble the model and the best part is that the trampoline can be left outdoors indefinitely.
SkyBound Super 7 Trampoline
The SkyBound Super 7 Trampoline features a hexagonal design. However, this model is considerably larger compared to other designs and is perfect for older children.
- The model has 7 feet of jumping space giving children the ultimate bouncing experience and fun.
- The SkyBound trampoline is designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
- The maximum weight supported by the model is
- Has a netted enclosure with a zip-up entry.
- Comes in different range of colors.
- The molded plastic tubing ensure durability and stability.
Despite the fact that this model is designed for both indoor and outdoor use, it is best suited for the latter. Using the model indoors would require ample room. This means that if you have an open playroom or basement space, then it would be possible to have the trampoline indoors. In a living-room setup, the trampoline’s 7.5 foot width and 6.5 foot height could prove too much and take up most of the space. To get the best experience out of the SkyBound Super 7 trampoline, an outdoor setting is recommended.
Compared to other models, the trampoline uses plastic tubing for base support. The main reasons behind this is to reduce the risk of injury as well as making it easier to use on a wood flooring. The netted enclosure is specifically design to enhance the safety of the users thus making jumping safer.
The SkyBound Super 7 can be used by several kids at the same time without any major issues. However, the manufacturer recommends that the trampoline be used by a single person at a given time. The netted doorway is considerably small meaning that adults are less likely to join in the bounce.
Safety Tips When Using a Trampoline
- Even on an enclosed trampoline, children should always be supervised by an adult.
- Children should not be allowed to continue bouncing while coming off the trampoline. They should be made to stop bouncing, slide over to the edge onto the ground.
- The jumping surface should always be dry. Wet surfaces can culminate to injuries as a result of slips or falls.
- It is recommended that the trampoline has one child at a time.
- Children should not be allowed to perform somersaults while bouncing.