Trampolines have been around for some time. They are usually used by children for fun and games. However, they can be a powerful tool in an exercise routine. Not only that, but these exercises can also be fun. Having a workout that is also fun to do is usually unheard of, but with the use of a trampoline you can get a lot more out of the work out that you choose to do.
Health Benefits of Trampoline Workouts
There are plenty of health benefits that come from doing trampoline workouts. Here are some of those health benefits that you can get with the use of a trampoline.
- Become more flexible
- Reduce the impact on your joints
- Increase your lymphatic functions
- Improve your balance and coordination
- It burns calories quicker
- Improves your heart health
- Great for cardio
- Increases the cleansing of the body
- Improves the immune system
- Helps reduce cellulite
- Increases bone mass and strengthens the skeletal system
- Increase the amount of oxygen in your body
- And many, many other great benefits!
Here are Some Simple Exercises That You Can Do on a Trampoline
Try out these simple exercises when it comes to jumping on a trampoline and being able to work every muscle in your body.
- While jumping on the trampoline, hold the weights. You want to put one arm out to the side and one in front of you as you jump up. You can put them down as you go down and repeat the process. Do this for 20-30 minutes.
- Put your arms up with your elbows bent so your fists are in front of your collar bone. Suck in your tummy and jump while twisting back and forth. This strengthens your core. Great to do for 20-30 minutes.
- Do jumping jacks on the trampoline while holding weights. You can get the impact from the weights while you jump up and down. This can be done for 10-20 minutes.
- Hold your tummy in while jumping straight up and down. Keep your body stiff like a plank, but allow your toes to push you up and down. The more muscles you use from your lower body to put you up in the air, the more you’re going to feel the burn. Try to keep this up for 20 minutes.
- Ab rocks can be done on a trampoline. Tighten those abs with your hands behind your head and rock with the trampoline. Make sure to keep your knees held up while rocking and your feet off the ground. You want to use your core muscles during this entire exercise. Do this for 20 minutes.
- High knees, as we all know them on a solid ground are much more enjoyable while on a trampoline. Rock your knees up as high as you can, while running (bouncing) on the trampoline. Do one leg then the other and do it at a steady pace to keep your workout going. Do this for 30 minutes.
There are many other types of exercises that can be done on a trampoline. You want to ensure that you get the maximum in benefits, and you can through the use of the many exercises that can be done. You can even create your own trampoline workouts!
After reading all of this information, you are probably sold on purchasing a trampoline (see reviews). They sell exercise trampolines in many stores for affordable prices. These trampolines can be used inside the home, so you do not have to worry about working out in the backyard. As always, make sure to have fun with it and track your weight loss progress!